Chanin's 46th Street Theatre
(Richard Rogers Theatre)
226 W. 46th Street / New York City
Built: 1925 / Number of Seats: 1321
- New York Daily News - January 22, 1925 (pg.136) -                      - New York Daily News - February 5, 1925 (pg.28) -
The 46th Street opened, as Chanin’s 46th Street, in 1925. Designed by Herbert J. Krapp for producers Irwin and Henry Chanin, the theatre’s innovative,
sloped orchestra level offers excellent views of the stage. In 1931 the theatre became known simply as the 46th Street.
In 1990, the Nederlander Organization renamed the venue in honor of composer Richard Rodgers.
Programs available from this theatre:
Good News (1928)
Follow Thru (1929)
Return to Index of Theatres