Abbey's (Knickerbocker) Theatre
1394 Broadway at 38th Street / New York City
Abbey's, built 1893 (later named the Knickerbocker in 1896) was originally named for impresario Henry Abbey and home to several hit musicals, was south of Times Square.
Designed by architects Carrere and Hastings, it seated: 1,500, but falling into disuse it was demolished in 1930 along with its neighbor, the Casino.
The Winter Garden, Maxine Elliott, Casino and Knickerbocker theatres on Broadway in 1920.
Programs from this theatre:
The Shepherd King (1904)
The Merry Widow (1921)
Honeymoon Lane (1927)